20 Steps to Planting and Growing a Church
by Paul E. Paino | Updated September 4th, 2015 | Posted in Church Growth, Development and Leadership
- Make changes slowly.
- Set realistic goals.
- Chart growth in measurable ways.
- Announce office hours and keep them.
- Promote a preaching series on pertinent subjects.
- Never preach about problems.
- Keep your meeting place in good condition.
- Make sure classes and services start on time.
- Budget funds to bring in guest ministries.
- Never fire a volunteer, promote them.
- Create job descriptions for all positions.
- Develop a training program for teachers.
- Develop self-supportive leadership.
- Appoint and train elders and deacons.
- Use local media to promote the church.
- Develop contacts outside the church.
- Make connections with community leaders.
- Develop a visitation program.
- Reach out to the children, elderly and poor in your community.
- If someone wants to leave the church, let them go.
If you apply these basic principles your church will grow. It may take time, but persistence and determination will result in a stronger ministry. Never give up!