8 Scriptures About Evangelism
Christians can’t convince people to respond to the gospel, but we can give them the opportunity. If we step out in faith, God will give us the same anointing that rested upon Jesus. Below are a few of my favorite Bible verses about preaching, evangelism, witnessing, and outreach.
Scriptures About Evangelism
- Philemon 6 – “And I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective for the full knowledge of every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ.
- Luke 4:18-19 – “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me because He anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor. He sent Me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set free those who are oppressed, to proclaim the favorable year of the Lord.”
- Romans 1:16 – “I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes, first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.”
- 1 Corinthians 1:17-18 – “For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, and not with the wisdom of human eloquence, so that the cross of Christ might not be emptied of its meaning. The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.”
- Acts 1:8 – “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
- Matthew 9:37-38 – “Then he said to his disciples, ‘The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few, therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.'”
- Romans 10:11-15 – “How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, ‘How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!'”
- Matthew 28:18-20 – “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”